[Tango-L] Melina's two cents

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jan 26 17:28:56 EST 2011

On 26/01/2011 23:06, Brick Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Brick Robbins<brick at brickrobbins.com>  wrote:
>
> I would like to ask that you not form an opinion of Melina's blog post
> from the short excerpt that I posted.

Nice blog, but some things do make me roll eyes (and I'm not talking
about the egregiously misplaced comma):

"often, the foreigners even raised the bar. I have to admit, that
the argentine dancers usually knew the music better and behaved more
socially on the dance floor."

Sorry, but if they didn't know the music as well as the Argentines and
didn't know how to behave on a social dance floor, they weren't
raising *my* bar, which isn't that of a performance dancer.