[Tango-L] Would you buy tango music if..........

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 01:15:28 EST 2011

Here’s how a smart DJ get’ paid …..
Play  the crappiest music you can find and they’ll pay you to stay  away.
jajajajajajajaja

In a message dated 1/24/2011 9:16:44 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
john at lowry.com.au writes:
Organisers in Australia, in  my experience, will not pay for good
quality professional Tango  DJ's.  There are a few who go to the
trouble and expense of  seeking quality, but not many that I have
seen.  Anton, in  Brisbane, makes the effort and it shows at his
milonga.  To make  or raise money, you have to organise your own events.

Re buying music,  you know my view.  Elshaw's music is the best classic
Tango  available and that's what I want, especially when you have gone
to the  trouble of buying good quality audio gear.

Which begs the question; why  would Patricia from Toronto go all the
way to Buenos Aires to buy  music when the best is just up the freeway?

John

From:  "Vince Bagusauskas" <vytis at hotmail.com>

because the group  relied upon a couple of DJ?s who bought their own
music and never  charged for their DJ services.  My friend was told he
should do  the same..

So I am wondering, do DJ?s around the world, including my home  town of
Melbourne, buy their music just for the love of it and expect  nothing
in the way of payment when called upon to DJ at a  milonga?  And if you
are a tango fan/DJ, how much do you think  you have spent on tango music?

I?ll go first:  I think I have spent  at least US$1,8000 in the last
few years on tango music and have  provide my services to a milonga/
practica for  free.

Tango-L mailing  list
Tango-L at mit.edu