[Tango-L] Social vs Anti-Social Tango. Was Navigation

tango@kidojo.it tango at kidojo.it
Sat Jan 22 04:59:35 EST 2011

Hi,

Anton wrote
>I have found it interesting, the apparent difference in attitude at
> milongas, between celebrity tango dancers in Buenos Aires and celebrity
> tango dancers in the US and other parts of the world.
> My observations suggest that in Buenos Aires they blend in with other
> social
> dancers, whereas in other countries, they try to stand out. Maybe in BA
> they
> don't like show-offs.

my experience is that the celebrity tango dancers in Buenos Aires ha started
in the social environment (the first exhibitions they did in milongas like
sunderland, maipu ecc.
Their first tecnique was who to dance the social dance (milonguero apilado
style), only later they started to dance for the stage.

Patricia Muller