[Tango-L] Using the Social dance as THE model for the student

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 22:27:23 EST 2011

...By reducing the repretroire of movements  the bag of tricks to 3 or 4
figures, one can get so that they really own them...that they are unconscious
and improvised, altered, lengthend at will... TO THE MUSIC... the music becomes
the dance and  the dance becomes the music...unconscious, spontaneous, and the
dancer becomes the music....  it becomes a non-thinking experience..dynamic like
language itself.  Sounds good to me and how do we get there?   That's the
question that the 2 and 3 years student should have the answer to.. keep it
simple, make it part of you...own it...be it.

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
"The ultimate aim for every human being is to be immensely creative."
.. -Norman Mailer