[Tango-L] Social vs Anti-Social Tango. Was Navigation

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Tue Jan 18 11:38:44 EST 2011

On 17/01/2011 20:19, Sandhill Crane wrote:
> Yes,
> they could modify what they're doing to accommodate others.
> But they just don't bother. Why should they?

Uhm - because they think it's right? It's not *impossible*,
you know, unless you want to stick a label to an entire
class of people ("neuvos") and then demonise them.

There's enough of that in the world (I shan't tell you
what my dance partner tells me the porteños think of
another Feindbild, "the Tourists" [dismissive wave of the
hand], which probably includes you until proof of the
contrary).

> Their partners
> and their friends don't care, the organizers say nothing,
> and the only people who complain are idiots like me who
> count for nothing.

You seem to know a lot about people you just confessed were
theoretical constructs just a few lines ago.

I disagree you're an idiot, by the way. So there.

>> I think it has a lot more to do with attitude and respect
>> than the shape of the embrace.
>
> Agreed.

Agreed. Oh, wait, am I even allowed to agree? ;).