[Tango-L] "Maestros de cuarta" "the guy who's doing the teaching "

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Tue Jan 11 19:20:36 EST 2011

Quote from a recent post: "Unfortunately the  “Maestros de cuarta” are multiplying  faster then rabbits in heat. Why do they "Think" they are automatically  qualified to "Teach Tango" when they really aren't qualified?"

For me this raises an interesting question. For a genre where it's participants vehemently resist the concept of regulation, how does one determine the "really aren't qualified" from those by interpolation, who are qualified?
To me, it seems a conundrum which often appears on this list.

Anton