[Tango-L] proportions

sherpal1@aol.com sherpal1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 22:30:19 EST 2011

this youtube  is very beautiful..but where is the link between the
dancer and the DJ?

Someone else brought up another very good point, that there are maybe
4, 5 or even 6 tangos per tanda in Ba..IMO this is a dance
disaster...one of these tandas can last as long as 15 minutes..too long
to take a chance on dancing with an "unknown entitiy" whether it be
male or female...this is a tango tanda lifetime, and unless you are
very young or have high pain thresholds, this can be a physical dance
nightmare.    In milongas where this is the MO, I usually opt out of
the first or second song, and only dance 2 or 3 after that unless I am
absolutely sure of the dancer's skills...I don't know why the DJ's are
doing this...it leads to fewer tandas per milonga and fewer partner
changes and longer periods of sitting out if you have not been cabaceod
for that tanda...very bad dance strategy..sometimes I want to go to
sleep and leave early in order not to suffer these long dance
intermissions...  this dance model is worthy of scrutiny, analysis and
change.....sherrie