[Tango-L] invitation to dance

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:00:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, barbara
<barbara at tangobar-productions.com> wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 10:04 p.m., sherpal1 at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> i notice over and over again, that this list is mainly made of up men
>> who communicate only with one another...when a woman responds, she is
>> cut off or ignored...
>
> Gee I thought it was only me!

       The original "sherrie" post was so over the top I wrote it off
as a troll, but now this is interesting.   You, Barbara, are one of
the most respected longtime posters to Tango-L.  When you comment on
something, my feelings are, "finally someone who's been around the
block a few times is going to set the record straight."

       So what exactly makes you feel "cut off or ignored?"   Is it
because few people respond to your posts?    More often than not, I
think you'll find that people respond to posts to disagree with
something in the post; have you considered the possibility that rather
than being ignored, what you say is being almost universally accepted?

Huck