[Tango-L] The Tango Invitation or simply a lead

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Tue Feb 1 20:30:19 EST 2011

Chris wrote:
" But arguably the terms invitation and acceptance are here little more than
metaphoric, and are more likely to mislead that illuminate."

Totally agree.
In my post I was responding in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner to what I
perceive as a misuse of "invitation and acceptance" in the tango vocabulary.
I feel the phrase is too often used to illustrate desirable and polite
behaviour, by the leader (for want of a better descriptive word).
Inappropriate or inconsiderate behaviour toward ones partner is a boorish
character trait and shouldn't be disguised by a misleading label. From there
it was an easy jump to the masculine character in tango.

Anton