[Tango-L] Tango, Social Media

kace ong kaceong at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:56:34 EST 2011

On 24/12/2011 1:32 PM, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:
> Unfortunately, newer dancers do not realize this loss unless they comb through the old Tango-L archives, which is unlikely.  Perhaps a "Best Of Tango-L" blog could be created, but who's willing to do the work?
Hi Trini -

I too observe that the quality and quantity of discussion on Tango-L has
greatly diminished compared to 10 years ago.

Since the total number of dance participants must have been increasing
-- based on anecdotal observation of rising number of active tango cities,
festivals and paid engagements for dance professionals -- I was trying to
determine where the "crowd" is now congregating, if not on Tango-L.

Of course a lot of the chatter has definitely moved into local sites that
serve regional communities;  that is traditionally why Tango-A was spun
out from Tango-L.   But Tango-L is a forum for deeper, more universal
topics, a place for Q & A, and a place to get opinions from peers.  I hope
going into 2012 there will be a resurgence in its central role in the
Tango world.

Kace