[Tango-L] I don't know but...

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 23:39:48 EDT 2011

I agree; this explanation is good. But I'd be surprised if there's anyone on
this forum,
at least, those who dance in close embrace, who isn't familiar with this figure.

I might be wrong but I think it might be the most common turn used in the
milongas
of Buenos Aires.

The only criticism I might have is that I don't like the QQS count; I prefer the
1,2,3[,4]
count. The figure should start on the first beat of a bar, whereas QQS might
imply that
it could start on 3. Maybe I'm just being pedantic, but I've never had a teacher
in BsAs
who counted QQS; it's always 1,2,3.

I agree with the demonstrators that it's better to think of this as 2 separate
half-turns.

Jack