[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

Tango22 tango22 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:52:47 EDT 2011

From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

I've always thought that the defintion of a 'Colgada' is that the axes of the couple tilt away from each other. How is that possible while remaining in close embrace? Or is my understanding incorrect?
Any video showing this?
Jack

I suspect the pulling-away axis is more for show or youthful fun.  You will see Tete making a close embrace colgada-style turn in many of his vals videos with Silvia.  It's not hard with a few minutes practice, and nice in a fast vals.
John