[Tango-L] What to do with a carpeted floor?

joanneprochaska@aol.com joanneprochaska at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 18:34:07 EDT 2011

We have a piece of roll vinyl (Pattern looks like a wood floor) that we purchased at Home Depot. We use it when we have to dance on cement or asphalt.  It does the job. However, I don't think it would be thick enough for use on carpet, as it is flexible.  (On the asphalt, we have to sweep the area first, as cinders and debris make bumps and lumps in the vinyl). I think you would need something with more body to it.
You could go to Home Depot or Lowe's and look at the vinyl yourself, and maybe get a smaller piece ( we got est. a 12 foot long piece, which was due to the weight limit of us to carry it around. It is probably 6 feet wide.) to try over your carpet.  If your carpet is an industrial grade, very low nap, then it might work (kind of carpet they use in commercial offices, etc.).
Good luck!
Joanne Pogros
Cleveland, Ohio
www.tangocleveland.com