[Tango-L] Tango without music?

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 22:51:39 EDT 2011

Let’s try to sort this music / learning /  dancing question out.
Unless you’re from another planet every one of you have  had a tango lesson
group or private
First the instructors will dance the  figure their going to teach
Now the men and women get split up usually  facing each other from across
the room
WITHOUT MUSIC the instructors will  walk through the figure for both the
men and the women
This is repeated many  times until everyone feels comfortable doing at
least the first few steps of the  figure
Now you find a partner and practice what you were just taught WITHOUT  MUSIC
OK split up face each other from across the room and learn the rest of  the
figure WITHOUT MUSIC
Find a partner and practice the whole figure WITHOUT  MUSIC
Does everyone think they’ve got it?
Good, NOW lets try it to  MUSIC
I don’t think anyone ever suggested dancing tango without music but  first
with repetition the muscle memory takes over you learn the figure and then
add the music.
David

In a message dated 4/25/2011 11:31:01 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,