[Tango-L] Fw: Better? Worse? Just different

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 25 02:41:53 EDT 2011

Jan Bares wrote:
"... During my classical ballet classes, I found an information about the research documenting that physical expression needs to be taught separately from the musicality..."

In classes we have organized with Luciana Valle, she defines musicality as "taking in what the music gives you" and separately defines expression as "how you manifest your expressive response to the music/your partner/your own emotional state".  Her class structure and exercises explore and train these concepts separately, only combining them at the end.

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA
www.dancefotheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"