[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 06:16:12 EDT 2011

I was merely agreeing with what you were told by an Argentine is Buenos Aires.

And my agreement was based on what I've seen at many traditional milongas
in Buenos Aires. If you don't agree that's fine; it's all Tango; but it's not
all
'traditional'.

But you asked a direct question and I responded. Don't blame me if you
don't like the answer. I told you what I think is traditional tango. How about
you reciprocate and tell us what you think it is. Or anybody else for that
matter. I'd be interested to hear.

Somebody wrote, quite a while ago, [Michael, I think] that the Argentines
in Buenos Aires dance only 5 or 6 figures and I'm sure he didn't include
leg wraps in that.

Btw, I don't think "the shape of the embrace" is the defining factor. You
can dance huge triple Volcadas in close embrace but I don't think
anyone would call that 'traditional'.

Jack