[Tango-L] Pedulum swing to fundamental

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Sep 30 12:33:10 EDT 2010

Sandhill Crane wonders when the pendulum will swing back from fancy steps to
fundamentals.

Martin Nussbaum wrote  "when most dancers have been dancing for seven or
eight years or more". It takes that long for people to realize figures
aren't everything, in my experience."

IMHO, it's the men who want the fancy steps not the women. The women (at
least those who dance close embrace) want to feel protected on the floor
from poor navigation and want connection.

Women don't realize how much power they have to force men to dance better.
Instead of tolerating bad dancing with the same men over and over, they
should stop dancing with them instead of complaining. My teacher told me
that women would complain about men with poor attitudes and wanted him to do
something about it at the milonga. His response was always "Then don't dance
with him." That wasn't the desired answer.

Every woman has to answer the question: Is BAD tango better than NO tango?
If the answer is BAD tango, then you'll getting exactly what you wanted.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines
Hopefully won't drown from the rain in Washington, DC