[Tango-L] the fear of close embrace

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Sep 16 19:59:56 EDT 2010

Dear Tangonista:

To answer your question below, I think YOU have issues.

My message was directed to dancers who want to advance to close embrace but
feel something is holding them back. Nothing was directed to those who only
want to dance open.

Have you ever considered that those who dance open take up more space than
those who dance close? Have you ever considered that larger figures lead to
collisions because leaders don't pay attention to navigation?

Close embrace isn't for everybody and I wouldn't maul nor threaten a woman
into dancing close embrace. Some women look for a warm invitation and
respond by dancing close embrace.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines