[Tango-L] the fear of close embrace

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 17:10:41 EDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
> From: meaning of life <kushi_bushi at hotmail.com>

> have you ever considered that some people feel mauled and  threatened
>(especially good looking females) by the pack of wolves that descend  on them
>DEMANDING close embrace dances and belittling their hesitation to have  their
>"personal boundries" invaided by "stinky old men"? and this destroys your
>retention, especially among younger females?

I guess this means I am not young enough or good-looking enough because what I get from those younger nuevo females is a kick, an interception of cabeceos meant for me or way-laying of my partner even as we are walking onto the floor for a tanda.  On more than one occasion, they even said "What?  You would rather dance with her than with me?"   Nice.  And I don't care if that is the way you do it in NYC or Portland or LA.  When you are in my tango homes, you will please observe the codes of our milongas or I might have to teach you a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  The "stinky old men" know how to treat ladies and they always are fresh and have on clean, pressed clothes, with fresh haircuts and freshly shaved faces.  They are never sweaty or dirty or wearing outlandish costumes or HATS for cripe's sake!  And they don't have to watch their feet to dance - they know where my feet and their feet are so they watch the other dancers around them instead of the
 floor.  That's how they avoid crashing into other dancers.  Please, keep your good-looking young women away from my old men....if you are man enough and a good enough dancer.

Nancy