[Tango-L] Cabeceo

Peter Rose peter.rose at redkiteuk.com
Mon Oct 18 12:50:18 EDT 2010

I dance in the UK and have reputation in the community I dance in for using the Cabeceo, along with a group of leaders who have all been to BsAs and found that it the nicest way to get dances anyway.

Many of the newer followers are told by the more experienced followers, to use the Cabeceo if they would like to dance with the leaders in question. This can backfire when the newer followers come over and say, " I have been trying to get your attention but your not looking my way", but one has to just laugh and dance with them anyway.

We are slowly but surely moving towards a Cabeceo culture, this always falls short when we travel to other milongas, so often the cortinas are very short or non existent and the floor does not clear between tanda's.

Having said all of that there are more important issues to resolve in the UK, like other dancers showing any kind of respect for the line of dance or each other, people not treating the dance floor as thoroughfare etc etc.

I am enjoying the discussion though.

Peter Rose