[Tango-L] Line of dance

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:03:49 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM, NANCY <ningle_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Tue, 10/12/10, Huck Kennedy <tempehuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >       Without disturbing anyone?  I think you may have misspelled
> > "without bumping into anyone."  Who's to say that nobody was
> > distracted from their ongoing tango reverie and yanked back into the
> > real world by being forced to deal with this.
>
>  How
>  do I know? beecause I was there, looking over his shoulder and I have
> about 17 years of dancing tango in BsAs and at festivals all over the
> US.  Please note:  I said no one else should try it.

     No you didn't--you said it was okay because it was Buenos Aires
and the milonga was not filled with tourists, and thus could be
counted on to be predictable and stay in their own lanes.

>  I am waaaaayyyyy
> more traditional and codigo-oriented than 99% of the posters here, so I
> am the wrong one to quibble with.  The man is
>  Ernesto Delgado.  Look him up.  He doesn't teach, he just dances
> beautifully.  P.S. He, and other milongueros did NOT appreciate the way
> Gavito took up seven baldosas when he did his exaggerated leans altho
> they were all good friends.

       Which makes it all the more likely nobody appreciated what he
did either.  But Delgado gets an Old Milonguero Get Out Of Jail Free
card but Gavito doesn't?

       This is all a bit beside the point anyways--old milongueros
have probably earned the right to do whatever they want, but the rest
of us who compose the other 99% of the dancing population can't say
the same.

Huck