[Tango-L] Line of Dance

edgecombe_r@optusnet.com.au edgecombe_r at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 12 03:57:39 EDT 2010

On 10/10/10 11:39, Phil Seyer wrote:
> <snip>
> One instructor points out in one of his videos that it's safe for him
> to dance backwards
> into a certain space because he knows the space is available since he
> has just been there himself moments ago.

"moments ago" is sufficient time for a space to go from "certain" to
"uncertain" if some kamikaze clown has speared into it from the centre,
or done a lightning fast back-back-back step.   (Time enough for one to
vacate with a view to reoccupying it, is also time enough for another to
invade it.)

I have come to grief having checked there is space in front of me (along
line-of-dance), done a simple half-giro, stepped back (thus along the
line of dance) into that verified "certain space", and found it already
occupied.

cheers
rde