[Tango-L] floor craft -2

Steve Littler sl at stevelittler.com
Thu Oct 7 03:23:14 EDT 2010

  On 10/6/2010 6:07 PM, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:
> One solution a friend of mine came up with, which I liked, was that he turned his back to the guy and slowly backed up so that his butt brushed the other guy's butt.  Problem solved.  Doesn't follow Javier's rule, but, oh well.
I did something similar in Nino Bien on a Thursday in August of this
year. An older porteño in front of me was doing a 6 step box pattern or
something and taking two steps backward against the line of dance
repeatedly all around the dance floor and stepped on several women while
also wavering between lanes. I felt he was endangering my porteña
partner. So I turned myself around and just as he backed into me our
bums bumped lightly. But he didn't change his pattern. He did it again
and the second time I bumped his bum with my bum HARD so it shook him.
(Several people who saw it gasped, including my partner.)

Well, he stopped doing the double-step backwards and my partner was safe
thereafter and expressed her appreciation.

Later, I felt a little cheeky pulling that stunt in a famous B.A.
milonga as a mere Tango Tourist on my rookie trip to Argentina.

El Stevito de Gainesville