[Tango-L] rotation of dance partners

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 00:22:31 EDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
> From: "johnofbristol at tiscali.co.uk" johnofbristol at tiscali.co.uk

> They say
> they do it because you can never revise the basics often enough etc
> etc, but the real reason is they want to have first crack at the most
> attractive newbies.

That's also been my experience. But the real problem is that these guys
soon get bored with 'just walking'  and start to 'teach' the pretty young
things more fancy stuff that they're not ready for and the girls are messed
up before they even start to learn tango. Teachers should take a firm line
on this and stop it from happening, even if it means banning some guys
from his beginner classes.

But most teachers are too afraid of losing students.

Jack