[Tango-L] Burlesque clip

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Sat Nov 20 10:04:52 EST 2010

Hi, all,

What makes tango tango is many voices in counterpoint, meaning that each
voice has its own rhythm, but all are linked harmonically.  What also makes
tango so recognizable is the synchopated phrasing, where even the singer is
speaking in synchopation.  Other dance forms follow a single rhythm (both
rumba an d cha-cha) without synchopation, which may be present with the
instruments, depending on the arrangement, but which is not required to be
danced.

I hope that this explanation adds to clarification and not to more
confusion. :)

Warmest regards,

Nina