[Tango-L] Some thoughts on connection

Bob Youngson youngson at adam.com.au
Wed Nov 3 18:32:04 EDT 2010

Here are some thoughts that I picked up from my BsAs teacher and ladies in the traditional milongas in Buenos Aires recently; they certainly give much food for thought and are provocative in making us re-evaluate our dancing.
1.       The man & the woman need to be able to dance independently in order to achieve true connection.

2.       The woman needs to help the man just as much as he helps her (for example, in turns).

3.       If the woman is going to relax in the dance, she needs to feel secure.

4.       To achieve connection in tango, the man & the woman need to dance as equals.

5.       In tango, the man proposes, the woman responds, then he follows her.

Bob Y
Tango Salón Adelaide