[Tango-L] Kizomba

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 18:53:58 EDT 2010

Of the videos I've seen, the only basic moves I haven't seen in Kizomba have been backward ochos, boleos, and molinetes.  Kizomba does have forward ochos, calesitas, ganchos, barridas.  It's only a matter of time before they figure out volcadas.  When the woman walks around the man, she only does all forward or all backward steps.  This dance came to my attention from tango dancers who also do salsa, so I can see a fusion coming on in the future.

It does makes me wonder where backward ochos come from and whether other latin lances have them.  Obviously, dance can develop similar vocabulary independently.  Ochos (the repeating ones), however, are one of those things that seem invented.

Trini de Pittsburgh