[Tango-L] Tango's Cutural Heritage

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 15:35:31 EDT 2010

seems to me more and more of the young people of Buenos Aires are
dancing traditionally, not "nuevo". And they are fantastic.
It's the younger people /outside/ of Argentina who are more into
"nuevo". They  seem not to be into tango as much as they are into "dancing".
I also find an appalling lack of knowledge about tango culture amongst
most beginner and intermediate dancers in the states...but that is
because the codigos and culture are not being transmitted by most
teachers...