[Tango-L] Why are you dancing tango if they are not playing tango?

AJ Azure azure.music at verizon.net
Fri May 7 20:02:10 EDT 2010

So you could do everything you've mentioned here and then have other times
where you surrender to unpredictability. Don't be conservative just let go.
What happens then? You miss a beat? You can watch out for a collision and
still improvise. How do you think real Dixieland musicians do it?

There's room for both experiences. Rigidity leads to constipation for lack
for lack of a better visual.

A_