[Tango-L] Why are you dancing tango if you don't like

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 17:29:52 EDT 2010

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:29:08 -0700
From: Tom Stermitz <stermitz at tango.org>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Why are you dancing tango if you don't like
	tango?
To: Tango List <tango-l at mit.edu>

>I've noticed that some of the most fanatical Traditional Tango Music fans
started out hating the music

Tom,

Everything you (and especially what Trini said in her closing remarks) said
in your post I agree with.

I too could not understand the music at 1st and walked away from tango for a
while.  Then came back and still could understand it.

In a new city I have found a better appreciation of the music and listen to
the thousands of tracks I have as often as often as I can including in the
car.  Love discovering the underlying "possibilities" of the music
(including in the not so popular tunes) even if I cannot translate it to a
move at times.

If anyone wants to really understand the music and the mood of the dancers,
get them to DJ.

Vince
In Melbourne