[Tango-L] Tango Marathon Directory is now in beta!

Daniel Käsmayr daniel at kaesmayr.net
Wed Mar 3 05:26:51 EST 2010

Hello Lydia,

the whole page exists to advertise all marathon-like events, so I am not
going to censor any time soon :) There is an extension of the database in
planning to include tango camps. I have a liitle hesitation to include
festivals per se, as there are so many festival listings out there already.
But if it turns out there is an interest to put them there as well -- I may
add a new category for festivals. (and what about festivalitos? lol.)

In my eyes the marathons and camps have a different feel and spirit,
probably due to the excessive focus on dancing: yes, there may be
X-Sessions, labs, or workshops built around the marathon, and more ... but
still, the spirit is different.
 -- but so far there's no real publicity outside of facebook for these kind
of events, and I wanted to have a calendar + map for my personal planning.
And since I guess this data would be of interest for others as well --
here's the directory.

Enjoy,
Daniel