[Tango-L] Recognizing Tango Music

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 10:54:25 EDT 2010

I don't think that's entirely accurate.  For example, if the rhythmic pattern consistently emphasized the 3rd beat over the 1st beat, you'd get rock 'n roll.

I would say that tango needs a predominate emphasis on the 1st beat.  There could be an emphasis on another beat, but it's used for variation.

Trini de Pittsburgh

P.S.  I found a video on practicing contemporary rhythm today that brought to mind Piazzolla.  It talks about changing meters.  I'm not a music expert but it strikes me that that is what Piazzolla does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zZavoVj6rk&feature=related