[Tango-L] Music preferences

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 11:34:53 EDT 2010

Many many leaders in NY and elsewhereprefer to dance  to instrumental
music and openly express a dislike for vocals. I have heard this many
times thru the years of DJing.... these are also very good, eperienced
leaders, not  just beginners. They either say the melody throws them
off, or that they don't like that they can't understand the lyrics and a
few have said they canlt stand the "sniffling and whiny" quality of some
vocal!!!
I disagree completely...but that's what I have experienced.
I think they are in the minority!