[Tango-L] Tango marathons

rcgimmi@aol.com rcgimmi at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 10:39:21 EDT 2010

Until recently, I would guess the annual Tangomarkkinat in Seinajoki, Finland.  When I was there in 2004, it ran for five days, 10:00AM to 4:00AM daily.  Most of the music was live, too.  Very strange to dance so close to the arctic circle, too.  It never really got dark.

Sorry to report the Tangomarkkinat has been in a bit of a decline lately.  They've cut the last day and attendance is down from the 2003 peak of 121,000.  According to John of Bristol, they will have a formal Argentine program in addition to the Finnish stuff.

-R