[Tango-L] Cruzada in other dances?

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:49:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM, NANCY <ningle_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes.  The cruzada is used in Cha cha and also in Viennese Waltz and is
> usually called a lock step.  It may be used in others, but it has been a
> while since my conversion by immersion to Argentine Tango.

      Ballroom quickstep too has those lock steps of which you speak.  A
position similar to the cruzada is also passed through during reverse (ie.
left) turns in ballroom samba and Viennese waltz.  I can't offhand think of
any situation where you can linger in the cruzada position as you can in
tango, however.

Huck