[Tango-L] The Basic Elements of Tango

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Thu Jul 8 20:20:40 EDT 2010

" It seems to me no one in Argentina ever took a "class" to learn tango. You
danced on the weekend with your family and neighbourhood friends and you
picked it up. You developed your own way."

In deference to Keith's source, my experience in BsAs is that tango classes
are well supported by Argentines. If not in the past, certainly today.
Unfortunately, probably not by most older tangueros, an increasing number of
whom demonstrate their lack of tuition of modern/complex steps at milongas.
Nothing sadder.
Fortunately, there a quite a number of more senior (many by non-BsAs
standards) who execute the tango magnificently. Keeps me coming back every
year.

Anton