[Tango-L] blame, responsibility, and opportunity -- Who to blame for the

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 12:05:06 EST 2010

Unfortunately most of the teachers I’ve seen on  the social dance floor are
the biggest offenders of bad floor craft and  disregard for others. This
list includes not only the self-proclaimed local  wannabes but also the
established teachers who you would think would know  better. The question is how
could you expect someone to teach proper etiquette  when they themselves don’
t practice it?

One of the best teachers I know  once told me that for him dancing  at a
milonga is very difficult. If he  executes too many showy figures people would
say he’s showing off if he dances  too simple people would think he’s
boring and wouldn’t want to take lessons from  him. Obviously most teachers don’
t think the way he does. How  sad.
David

In a message dated 1/30/2010 7:15:50 A.M. Pacific  Standard Time,