[Tango-L] Alberto Dassieu's "Historias" translated

Irene Ho irenekyho at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:14:55 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

A while back we posted an interview of Alberto Dassieu on our website.  For those who are interested in learning more about Alberto - especially since he is touring San Francisco and San Diego with his wife Paulina right now as we speak - we've just posted a translation of the first part of his "Historias" on our website.  It's a fascinating account of Alberto's recollections about tango from the days of his youth, filled with people, places and things that only continue to live in the memories of the milongueros who still dance in the milongas of Buenos Aires.

Part 1 of the translation, generously completed by our friend V. Roldan, can be found here:

http://ireneandmanyung.blogspot.com/2010/01/alberto-dassieus-tango-story-part-1.html

The original spanish version (if you can understand spanish and can't wait for the next translated part!) is here on Alberto's website:

http://www.albertodassieu.com.ar/documents/historias.html

All the best,

Irene and Man Yung