[Tango-L] Srgio cannot dance off beat!

tony parkes macromagix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:11:10 EST 2010

vince was right on two accounts mel

it was a great movie on the oddities of high level competition, and it
was called strictly ballroom

you are thinking of shall we dance with richard gere in the american
make over, and yes the japonese version was more subtle. but i reaaly
liked the part in the amercian version when after a bite to eat in a
take away jennifer lopez instructed gere how to feel the music, leave
the lights off (sigh, if only it coulda been me) and only begin to
move when you feel the music. maybe nuevo teachers should have that in
line their curriculum

cheers
tony

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Mel Roddie <melroyr at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Ha Ha, great post  - - Vive la liberté! ....  But Srgio,  I bet you can dance through the beat when you want to ?
>
> Oh and (Vince) wasn't 'Strictly Ballroom' originally Japanese?  -- Funny even with sub titles, and required viewing for all dancers, ballroom or not.
>
> Mel (nz).

cheers
tony