[Tango-L] Forward Step By Lady (Jack Dylan)

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Sun Jan 10 18:23:39 EST 2010

    Now, Dianne, are you telling us that it's all due to a mis-interpretation
    of what Gavito was actually saying? That's interesting and could
    shatter one of the greatest quotes in Tango ;-)

I don't want to shatter one of tango's greatest quotes!  But reading that quote
brought to mind his "un tal Gavito" Vol 1 video. I just reviewed it to make
sure I had it right. In figure four, "Sweep from Cross to Cross" he said, "...I'm
going to wait for her to come back, leaving my foot there, and now there are
two possibilities. If she doesn't know the movement or doesn't understand
the subtlety, she'll simply pass over my foot, which I'll move and I'll follow
her. As I always say, I lead and follow."

Since he always said it, perhaps he used it to illustrate different principles?
At any rate, I'm glad it gave me an excuse to go back to looking at these
videos of Gavito and Marcela Duran. There's a lot to learn from watching
them.

Diane