[Tango-L] Forward Step By Lady

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Jan 7 23:12:25 EST 2010

Jack:
The person moving backward has to get out of the way of the person coming
forward. The person coming forward can't move until the person in front gets
out of the way. The person going backward reaches back with the free foot
WITHOUT moving the upper body. After the back step, the person can move the
torso backward over the free foot which now supports the person's weight.
It's ready-aim-step. The aim is the foot moving backward and the step is the
transfer of weight. The dance definition of step is to change weight.

It's the same rule for the man and the woman because it makes no difference
who's going backward. If the man was to move his torso and step back at the
same time, he wouldn't have a foot to support himself and he would pull the
woman into himself without having support. Not a good idea.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines