[Tango-L] Teaching the 8CB

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 12:43:20 EST 2010

Tango Teachers are a strange lot. One thing they  all have in common is a
lack of certification, wait a minute …. They don’t need  any certification.
Lets see I’ve had six group classes with a local teacher I  feel like I
dance pretty good I think I’ll have some business cards printed up  with a slick
picture of me in tango attire and start teaching.
I’ve witnessed  this time and again and it really ticks me off and it’s
not only the beginners  who profess to be teachers but it’s also those who
claim to be experienced who  have traveled to or originated from BsAs and
studied under many of the great  dancers.
I’ve traveled to BsAs many times and studied with the great Roberto
Herrera. Wow that would look good on my resume but the truth is I had one group
lesson with Roberto in 2002. Am I qualified to teach…No