[Tango-L] Review of Practica X

RonTango rontango at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 3 00:26:44 EST 2010

Shahrukh,

Thanks you for a most informative review of Practica X. It would be helpful if more dancers provided similar reviews of tango events.

One question, though. I've heard several times that during this holiday period porten~os are often out of town on vacation or, if not, they are spending time with family. It is also my understanding that some milongas are suspended during the holiday period. Since this is also a time of high tourist travel toBuenos Aires, wouldn't this increase the representation of tourists at all existing tango events (milongas and practicas) relative to other times of the year? Also, if some popular milongas are suspended, would this increase the demand for what are commonly known as nuevo practicas to vary more in the direction of traditional milongas, for example with more traditional music?

Ron