[Tango-L] In Memory of Olvaldo Zotto

miamidances@aol.com miamidances at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 00:34:37 EST 2010

Going thru my memories of Osvaldo Zotto, I came across something very
special that I wanted to share with the list. Osvaldo is world renown
for his elegant Tango with Lorena but his Tango Vals is equally as
special. I've posted on you tube a Vals he danced with Cecila Gonzalez
at the first Tango festival in Miami. This was not a choreography it
was from his heart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DzR-ufYwV0

I first met Osvaldo in 1996 at the Ohio Tangofeast. He was a
replacement for his brother. Miguel Angel Zotto was the headliner for
the event that we signed up to see. Miguel sent Osvaldo in his place.
Osvaldo showed up with Cecila Gonzalez and a broken arm in a sling. He
didn't have a cast on the arm because of the mulitipal stitches that
had to be treated several times a day.  During classes and performing
in the Masters show Cecila would take his arm out of the sling and hold
it up while they danced. Osvaldo with his broken arm was the hit of the
event. Everybody love his classes, his performances and him personally.

The following year at the first Tango Fantasy festival at Miami Beach
Osvaldo & Cecila performed this Vals. Fabian Salas and Lorena  Ermocida
were also part of the teaching staff. Everyone attending the event
witnessed the beginning of the partnership of Osvaldo and Lorena. In
the Masters of Tango show Osvaldo performed one routine with Lorena and
one with Cecila. Fabian also performed one routine with each lady. I
hope you enjoy the memory of such a special performer of Argentine
Tango.

Tango Forever

Randy