[Tango-L] Salon dancing is NOT Social dancing

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 12:22:37 EST 2010

the video posted as Salon is to me 'performance dance'....you may see that at
home in North America
on the social dance floor only because of the corruption of the social dance
there.  The video stopped at the 52 second mark, shows a still picture of a
performance dance as the woman is held away so that the man can do his fancy
lapis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8rG2BHnwo

Amanda Lucero and Beto Ayala - Here is an example of the SOCIAL DANCE given as a
performance. ..but  it is still a social dance..why? because it can be danced
like this in  the social environment...they would not have to wait until the
milonga  cleared out and there were only a few couples on the floor...hey, isn't
that 'performance' dancing by definition and not social dancing....?     Another
feature is how they follow the line of dance and how their  figures are compact
and meant to fill in pauses with interesting  cadencias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-nunHKNqs

..
www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"The music makes you dance. It is so simple when one gets it. Connect with my
partner and then connect with the music, let the music tell me how to move my
body rather than me tell my body how to move to the music. With the right music
and right partner, I am contented to have just one tanda a night" -Pedro Sanchez