[Tango-L] Type A Tango

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 23:34:55 EST 2010

Sopelote
You seem to have some valid  opinions on one hand but on the other hand
some of your comments make me wonder  if you really do know about tango. Just
like Jack you obviously don’t know too  much about salon tango it is by no
means Show or Performance tango. In my  opinion the girl in the video that was
practicing with her partner is a pretty  good follower and with a little
more practice in technique she will dance even  better.
Repetition is the mother of skill so learning to become  skillful in tango
takes lots of repetition. You can’t judge someone from a  practice session
but when you watch him or her dancing at a milonga you can  certainly tell if
they have put a lot of practice into what they are doing.
I do agree with you that less is better walk walk walk do a little turning
figure and walk walk walk some more less is better. Again in her defense
she is  following what her teacher is leading she has no choice but to  follow.
Cheers
David

In a message dated 12/24/2010 5:20:56  P.M. Pacific Standard Time,