[Tango-L] 10,000 instructors or 1 you choose

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 12:36:27 EST 2010

I like your comparison of learning a second  language to tango but think
about this...If you take lessons in Spanish for a  few months and then switch
to German and a few months later try French you end  up not speaking any of
them very well. I see taking endless tango lessons from  different
instructors the same way. Everyone is going to teach differently so  your poor brain
is going to explode trying to figure out who's instruction to  follow. Find
someone local to your area  that you would like to emulate and  stick with
them.
Whenever a visiting teacher is coming to your area you can  get a pretty
good look at how they dance on you tube and on rare occasions one  will dance
the style that suits your taste.The best local social dancers I see  are
those that have followed this method.

In a message dated  12/4/2010 1:56:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,