[Tango-L] Tango in San Diego?

Michael Knowles binkster at binkster.net
Tue Aug 24 14:10:26 EDT 2010

> From: christian.luethen at gmx.net
>
> I'll be in San Diego from upcoming october 14th thru october 19th.
> Any suggestions or hints for tango?ng in San Diego during this period?
>
> Thx in advance,
> Christian from Rotterdam

When I visited San Diego in May 2008 and again in January 2009, I
enjoyed the milonga held at "Dancing Unlimited", The Folk Dance Center,
4569 30th St. between El Cajon Blvd and Adams Ave. The place was very
popular, with many dancers and mostly good floorcraft. The building is
not really large enough for what it wants to be--the seating is very
cramped and the refreshments are separated from the seating by the dance
floor--but I thought it had a happy, friendly atmosphere. I think it is
one of the best tango choices to be made in San Diego.

-Michael Knowles
binkster at binkster.net