[Tango-L] differing views of tango evolution

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 00:34:18 EDT 2010

This problem between Nuevo and Traditional Tango has been going on for
years and it's just getting worse (with non-Argentines) and Chicho, for one,
has recognised this. But BsAs has solved the problem by segregation.
There are practicas for nuevo and milongas for traditional and they don't mix.
Everyone knows these places and mostly respect the unwritten rule. So,
IMHO, segregation is the answer and BsAs has proved it.

On the night of Nino Bien (Thusday), the nuevoists could easily have attended
La Viruta, Rara, Soho Tango or El Metajon, which all cater for Nuevo. So, let
me be clear - this was no innocent 'mistake'. The people of CITA got together
to invade Nino Bien and it was an act of pure vandalism.

And, Alexis, if you still think these people can be 'educated', you're living in a
fools' paradise. To put it bluntly, they're arrogant and have zero respect for
traditional tango - they don't want to be educated and it's time we all recognised
this. IMHO, the only eduacation that would work is to educate nuevoists to stay
away from traditional milongas.

A number of portenos told me that "when CITA's in town, we stay away from
the milongas". How sad is that!

Jack

> From: Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com

>Apparently not - Niño Bien's style is well known,
>and
> it was still disrupted.

>Unfortunately for this model, there are no
> enforcible
l>aws preventing "nuevoists" to invade a milonga.