[Tango-L] Learning through DVDs

Sergey Kazachenko syarzhuk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:22:50 EDT 2010

You can get the DVDs of the best dancers in the world explaining every
step in minute detail.
But what is the DVD going to do when you repeat the step incorrectly?
How is the DVD going to make you fix your posture, your walk, your
contra-body movement?

If you really don't have time for the classes right now, I'll say save
the DVD money. Youtube has tons of tango lessons, some of them are
good. Dario's Tango Guide is a good introduction series. Oscar Casas
uploads hundreds of teaching videos, nost of them quite good.
Once you think you learned the basics from the videos, take the money
you saved by not buying the DVDs and bring them to a tango school near
you :)

Sergey

May you be forever touched by His Noodly Appendage... (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster )